Re: hot springs near muir ranch

  • hmdsierra
    Message 1 of 473 , Jun 13, 2001
      You have to cross the river near Muir Trail Ranch
      to get to the spring. The big spring is on public
      land and there is a cold lake just south of it. It is
      well worth the effort for a nice soak. <br>There is a
      really beaten up campground on the south side of the
      river. There are also campsites on the north side. I
      have usually been there in the fall so they were not
      many or any other people there. In the summer you can
      expect crowds. Do not, I repeat, do not let that deter
      you from using the spring, however, you might want to
      camp a short distance away for a little solitude.
      Enjoy it for me.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002