Favorite stove for JMT?

  • colin.brown
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 27, 2014
      Favorite stove for JMT?I own a whisper Lite but was thinking about buying a JetBoil. It seems like it might be more fuel efficient?However my new best friend at REI said the JetBoil fuel might not operate consistently at higher altitudes.What's your stove of choice?
    • berdomb
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 28, 2014
        I  believe the jetboil uses about 0.15 oz to boil 2 cups if I recall correctly.  So a 10oz jetboil + 7 oz cannister (100gm) could boil about 23 boils.   My setup, with a 200 gm cannister would weigh less, only 15 oz, but would be able to boil about 40 boils.   Not as fast, not as windproof, but on a weight basis, better for me.