Zip together bags?

  • sheehan1962
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
      My squeeze wants zip together bags, and I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with them. 20 degrees or thereabouts. And light!
      Thanks,
      Matt Sheehan
    • robert shattuck
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
        Matt,
        Do you already sleep romantically, like they do in the movies, one arm wrapped around the other. Do you wake up entwined in rapture with the beat of her heart so close, every day. I'm betting (and we should start a pool here) that after a few days of lovely reek, you two will be happy to have a little space, not to mention what if one of you gets out there and sleeps like a little cozy kitty and the other one just tosses all night, with a rock under HIM��one of you is going to be tugging and screwing up the others sleep and there can be so little good sleep on the trail. I am either lucky and out like a rock on a rock, or I am up all night, roll over, wake up, dream, roll over, wake up. I think you should practice safe sleeping: unzip, sleep, then zip up or some such variant. Don't know much about bag/zipper compatibility but I'll bet there are a bunch of bags that might work together, you just have to have a right-zip bag and left zip bag��there's your first argument and now you're gonna spend XX amount of nights wrasslin' one another. It just means that when you get to Lone Pine and you check into a hotel and they ask, "one bed or two," you'll both pipe up with, "two, please." . . . I'm really just jealous. enjoy.
        bob

        sparklefart.blogspot.com

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: sheehan1962@...
        Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 07:59:52 +0000
        Subject: [John Muir Trail] Zip together bags?

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
          Yeah, after a couple days on the trail, even I don't even like sleeping
          with myself....

[...]

        • Barbara Karagosian
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
            Bob - do you have any books out? I REALLY want to read them - you are SO
            hysterical!!

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
              The REI subkilo bags zip together just fine. You do get a left and a right. (I think the woman is right. Oh, that's just life in general)

              > Bob - do you have any books out? I REALLY want to read
              > them - you are SO
              > hysterical!!

            • robert shattuck
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
                Barbara,
                I'd love to write a book on the Sierra and certainly the JMT. It wouldn't be full of exact data, like, "'2.5 miles from so and so . . . it would be more roundabout. I do write fictions of a sort, when the energy is there, but lately all I get to do is reply to questions on this site��check out my blog, (below) sparklefart. Thanks!

                BOB
                sparklefart.blogspot.com

                To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                From: barbara@...
                Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:04:58 -0700

                From: sheehan1962@...

                Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 07:59:52 +0000

                My squeeze wants zip together bags, and I'm wondering if anybody has

                any experience with them. 20 degrees or thereabouts. And light!

                Thanks,

                Matt Sheehan

                Rediscover HotmailR: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry

                http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mob

                ile1_042009