Mammoth Mtn Inn

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2009
      I just spoke to a front desk person at Mammoth Mtn Inn. She said that for
      people who are guests at the hotel during the summer (July August) , who
      take off for a few days backpacking, it is OK for them to leave their car in
      the hotel parking lot. Just FYI. We're starting out at Tuolumne, so plan
      to stay at MM Inn for 2 nights prior, in order to acclimate, then get the
      shuttle to start from Tuolumne. Then hike out at Reds, where one of our
      party leaves us in the car we left there, spend another night in "luxury" at
      MM Inn, then hike back in. Barbara

    • cjoslyn99
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2009
        BTW, they will allow non-guests to park in their lot. Check in with the
        front desk the day before and get an envelope for your keys and
        car/plate info. They'll hold on to it until you get back. They may
        charge a small fee ($5, I think I was quoted) but I was getting a vibe
        that they may not actually collect it. This is what I did last year
        when I was staying downtown Mammoth before a TM-Reds hike.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Karagosian" <barbara@...>