Re: Best place in Lone Pine to ship JMT Trail end stuff is where?

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
      There is a hikers hostel in town that is open late. Also I used a local guy that runs a shuttle service from the trailhead to town, and I wonder if he would hold it for you (provided you use him to get you from the trail to town).
      His name is Bob Ennis and he was a very nice guy who was prompt and well priced. I know he has been mentioned on the boards before, but I will find his contact info when I get home.

      Hope this helps a bit, and good luck!

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Carol Moses <yosemite9@...> wrote:

      > I am doing the same thing. I was just going to pick a hotel and send my things there and pick them up when I arrive. Experienced JMT hikers have told me this is unnecessary, but I thought it a good idea. This is my first JMT thru-hike, so what do I know? I am glad someone else is thinking along the same lines, sort of a reaffirmation!
      > Carol Moses

    • Eric Sherman
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
        That works or you can send stuff to the Whitney Portal and they will hold for you.  IN case you wanted stuff to shower with and change into before heading into Lone Pine.