Use and care of the Duda filter?

  • Arla Hile
    Message 1 of 51 , Mar 11, 2014
      I feel really dense...but how do you use these things? Are you using a "dirty" water bottle and just pouring into the filter and letting the water run into your "clean" bottle? Do you backflush it to clean? It looks like a solid idea to filter then chemically treat your water. I'd been thinking of just going with chemicals but really like the idea of not having to wait 4 hours. I tried the Sawyer squeeze but thought it was a real pain to fill the bottle, so right now all I have is my old Katadyn (which I love, but it sure is bulky and heavy!).

      Does it make much difference whether you go with the 1 or 0.5 micron size?

      Thanks!
      Arla
    • brucelem12
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 12, 2014
        I'm sure you're probably right Don.
        (I tried replying to the original post instead of a later post in the thread this time).
        Bruce

        Bruce--Just make the switch to going TP-less and stop fretting.  Squatting down makes for a much more efficient dump process leaving your "cheeks" much cleaner than the sitting on the cheek squeezing toilet seat system we're used to.  Liilypad users excepted.
        A quick wipe with the stick, stone or whatever combined with the one handed wipe with some water then a drop of bonners soap and hand wash afterwards and your good to go.  I've never figured out the concern over fingernails. You shouldn't be scrapping any leftovers out with your nails, just putting some water in your palm and wiping.

        The last 3 posts have somehow gotten into the thread on water filters.  Any more replies about TP should go to the TP thread not the water filtering thread.

        I noticed that Roleigh...I actually replied to a TP post, but it looks like the 2 threads are combined now on my end, and that's the heading my post defaulted to. Yahoo weirdness?
        Bruce