Re: transportation to trailheads

  • hamidrezvani
    Message 1 of 473 , Jun 6, 2001
      Hi Leaver 2000,<br><br>Try Grey Hound. They leave
      Reno everyday around 7 am going South on Hwy 395 and
      have stops at Mammoth Lakes and Lone Pine airports.
      From there there are local cab/shuttles that take you
      to your trailheads. In mammoth lakes they take you
      to a ski resort and you'll need to ride another bus
      to Red's Meadows. Also you can easily hitch a hike
      to the town of Lone Pine from Whitney Portal. To get
      more info and to find out about the costs, you could
      call their chambers of commerce to find out. They are
      very helpful. Sorry, I don't have their
      numbers.<br><br>HR
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002