Sapiential witnesses and textual materiality

  • khiondhecwi
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 6, 2014
      Starting late in June, 2014, I will - for the first time - hike the John Muir Trail ... that is the plan, anyway ...

      What usually obtains for me given a kettle of time at the end of a day of hiking?  I avail myself of myself resourcefully and read - as might be the wont of others - preferring sapiential witnesses of dissimilar stripes.

      Do you find yourself a captive of the written word?  Are you the ward of textual materiality?  Will you prostrate under the aegis of literature?  Is it as a patient that you turn to a well-wrought book?  To be sure, a dearth of terms for regarding the self-appropriation of the reader to read... but the way in which they tell!

      What, if anything, do you read while "on the trail"?

      Suggestions, discussions, chronicles, admissions ... confessions - please.

      Best,
      Khiondhecwi
    • Joe MacLeish
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 1, 2014

        Ralph:

        3 days left before I head out.  How did you like the Audubon Guides Box Set.  Should I order it?

        thanks

        Joe