Re: [John Muir Trail] 911 from Satellite Phones

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2009
      yup, i think you're better off having a list of the local pd/sheriff's office or the number to nearest agency whose jurisdiction you are in. they are going to be best able to mount the quickest search and rescue. besides, what does that guy sitting in canada or wherever know about the local terrain that you are in? make sure your insurance is fully paid up too. my insurance covers "air ambulances" (ie helicopter ride) to the nearest hospital. hope i'll never have to use it, but nice to know it's covered.