RE: [John Muir Trail] south lake to reds meadow

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2009
      I can answer the South Lake camping question. The short answer is - lots of
      possibilities. One I highly recommend is at the south (far) end of Long
      Lake, just to the right of the trail on a little knoll above the lake, with
      easy access to the lake for water. Spectacular views. It's about 3.2 miles
      from the trailhead and no big climbs at all. Good luck! Barbara

      _____