Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Parking in Lone Pine/Whitney Portal?

  • Bill Plesha
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2009
      You're right Bob. Seems to me there is a business opportunity wating to
      happen in Lone Pine!!
      From: backpackerman@...
      Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:24:07 -0700

      I'm planning to hike the JMT beginning in mid-August and have
      done some checking on good places to leave my car - either up at Whitney
      Portal or in Lone Pine.

      I spoke with the Chamber of Commerce in Lone Pine and confirmed that you can
      leave your car in their lot behind their building. All they ask for is a
      small cash contribution. That's another alternative to consider. Their
      phone number is 760-876-4444 if you want to check into that.