Re: Got my Permits for August!!

  • jim.ennis
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4 5:33 PM
      Michael:
      I've decided to leave two BV500s at Tuolumne Meadows, along with our first re-supply of food, and will pick these up on our way through. This way we will be carrying just a couple of days of food with us when we start at HI. Since we have to camp at LYV the first night and we plan to camp at Sunrise camp the second night, we can take advantage of the bear boxes for food storage. When we pick up the bear cans at TM, I can fit all of the food into my canister and leave my wife's canister empty. As we proceed toward MTR and our next resupply, we can use her canister as a trash recepticle. We should be able to get all of our food into both canisters when we arrive at MTR, since we do only freezerbag cooking and package everything as small as possible.
      Most of these ideas came from Bob on this group and again, I appreciate his info.
      Hope to see you on the trail,
      Jim