Re: [John Muir Trail] wood stoves on the JMT

  • Kevin Aston
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2009
      I have hiked for miles along the trail were there is nothing but snow, weeds, grass or rocks. I would rather pack a can of gas and have to worry about disposing of the can, than to have to try to get enough heat out of the wet grass so I wouldn't have to crunch down my freeze dried stuff. There are also signs along much of the trail saying no fires above 10,000 feet.

      Life is what you make it.
      Planning ahead is half the fun.
      Kevin Aston
      www.kevinaston.com