Re: Best Resupply Point Between Muir Trail Ranch & WP

  • Jim McCrain
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 25, 2009
      >"... Wilderness Areas, no matter how well traveled, are remote and dangerous places
      >where very bad things can happen to people who don't plan accordingly. Even
      >entertaining the idea of relying on someone else for food can have very serious
      >consequences not only for that hiker but the other ones he puts at risk by asking them for help."
      >
      >Brian

      Well said, Brian, and thanks for your support. As suggested to me, I will NOT "get over it" if someone is deliberately planning to go unprepared and ruin MY trip. I carry enough supplies to get my own group through any foreseeable emergencies and situations, but I do NOT carry enough to supply everyone else that I encounter. My pack is heavy enough as it is! :-)

      But Brian, if I see you out on the trail, be sure to stop by for a cup of coffee. My treat!

      Cheers!

      Jim