Glacier Point Transportation

  • hallowdm
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 14, 2014

      I couldn't get Happy Isles but I found out I was accepted for Glacier Point to LYV.

      Would anyone know how long the shuttle takes to get to Glacier Point?

      Also, is there a better way to get to Glacier Point?  I assume driving up and leaving my car there is possible but then I would have to take the shuttle up there to retrieve my car.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 17, 2014
        On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:49 AM, Chip <cencir@...> wrote:
        is it okay to hike this trail [Clouds Rest] on a JMT permit, and is there a place to camp along this loop trail?

        There are nice small campsites (no water) about 1/4 mile short of Clouds rest on the hike up from the junction of the JMT and Clouds Rest Trail. They are very close to the first place you can look to the North over the sharp ridgeline. You'd have to carry your water uphill a fair way to use these sites (from Sunrise Creek on the JMT)