Re: [John Muir Trail] A 2 oz ultralight insulation vest -- anyone try the AeroVest (which only costs $16)?

  • Bob Bankhead
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2009
      I'd be real leary of this. Think "inflatable space blanket". By the website's admission (see quote below), this is designed as a single use item for emergencies, not something for repeated use time after time. That's why it's only $16.

      "AeroVestT is a "single use" emergency product that is durable enough for repeated use. We call it single use because once inflated it is very difficult to remove the air and return it to a flat pack. However, it can be stored and repeatedly used. Read this review for tips on how to reuse it.

      It's made from metalized polyethylene, a material similar to a "NASA space blanket" or Dupont Mylar®. AeroVest is made in the USA."