Gear List for a Couple

  • debrabrownbear
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2014
      Several people had asked me for our gear list from last year's hike. Not because it's the perfect gear list, but because it lists specific items and brands along with their exact weights to a tenth of an ounce. The most important piece of planning gear we purchased last year was a $15 digital postal scale that weighs up to 25 lbs. I just uploaded it to the Gear List file. We didn't complete the entire trip last year, but are planning another section for this August, and will use basically the same items, with a few deletions of things we didn't use or rarely used. I know we can get our base weight down further by foregoing some luxuries or swapping out some items, but it worked pretty well for us last year.
    • Geoffrey Ransom
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2014
        Cool.  Thanks Debra.  I will look at the list.  Thanks for posting it to the site.  Were your packs around 25lbs or more?  Geoff

        --
        Geoffrey J. Ransom
        The Law Office of Geoffrey J. Ransom, P.L.L.C

        Geoffrey J. Ransom, Esq., concentrates his practice in the areas of elder law, trust and estate planning, and trust and probate administration in New Hampshire.
        Circular 230 Disclosure:  Any tax advice contained in this message was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used (i) by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer, or (ii) to promote, market or recommend to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
        This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, contact the sender via reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

      • debrabrownbear
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2014

          Yes, Geoff. My pack had a base weight of 22 lbs. and my husband's base was 23 lbs. including the BV500, which he carried.

          Debra

        • Geoffrey Ransom