Re: Snow/ice conditions

  • snow_nymph_2000
    Message 1 of 473 , Jan 4, 2001
      HR,<br>I did the Cottonwood Lakes via Old Army
      and New Army. I liked the Old Army Pass better.
      Mid-June of this year there was too much snow on OAP, so
      we had to take NAP. Nice cornice at the top, but we
      hiked over it. Mid July, OAP was clear except for a
      small area near the top. Photos if you're interested.
      walked him out and met up with the rest by going in at
      Kearsarge Pass. I met up with them at Forester Pass. Two
      others went around the PCT (?) trail to Crabtree
      Meadows, and two of the guys went over Crabtree Pass. It
      was a rough pass from what I heard. We didn't take
      ice axes, ropes or crampons. But, every year is
      different.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002