RE: [John Muir Trail] Hours

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 10, 2009
      if the post office window isn't open, you can just go in the store and someone at the reg can drag your box out. I've done this a few times. sparklefart.blogspot.comhttp://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_activity.php?post_id=6480To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.comFrom: mbeilfuss@...: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:05:05 +0000Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Hours

      The hours seem to be pretty loosely based. I was there 2 summers ago
      at around 2:30 pm and there was a sign on the window that read "out
      for lunch." After waiting quite a while and pestering all the other
      Toulumne employees at the store, and even going behind the building
      and calling out for the post office "employee," a scraggly looking
      dude sauntered up behind the post office counter and opened up for
      business again around 4:45 and finally got my package. His eyes were
      blood shot, and he "smelled like Otto's jacket". :-)
      It was a bit frustrating. Don't know if they have taken care of that
      issue yet.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Plesha"
      <backpackerman@...> wrote:
      > The TM post office hours are as follows:
      > Business Hours
      > Mon-Fri
      > 9:00-5:00pm
      > Sat
      > 9:00-12:00pm
      > Sun
      > closed
      > It's about 24 miles from Happy Isles in the valley to the TM ranger
      station. You'll be climbing from about 4,000' to 9,400' by the time
      you reach Sunrise Camp, which is about 14 miles from HI, and then down
      to about 8,700' at TM. Quite an aggressive day!!

      Windows Live´┐Ż: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.