Injini toe sock liners

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
      I tend to get blisters between my toes. I tried out Injini toe sock liners on my 20-day hike this summer and they pretty much eliminated the problem. One day I forgot to put them on and quickly developed a hot spot that I eliminated by putting them on again.

      Inline image 1

      I mention this now because they are on sale for $6.30 a pair (usually $9). Unfortunately shipping is $7 so that might be prohibitive unless you are ordering multiple pairs (I rotated 3 pair on my trip).

      When I visited, they show medium and large as out-of-stock (temporarily?). But if you might use small or ex-large sized, you might want to order them now.

      The only downside I found is that they are a nuisance to put on as you have to fit them carefully to your toes. On a day where there was a lot of changing footwear for stream-crossing they might be annoying.

      I was using them as part of a three-sock system

      Injini toe socks
      REI conventional liner socks made with CoolMax fabric (same fabric as in the toe socks)
      SmartWool PhD Medium Crew (I don't recommend the lighter weights as even the Medium has a limited lifetime on trail)

      I see that SmartWool is now offering toe-socks (not necessarily liners, they look heavier). I think this is new and I trust the brand. But they are much more expensive and I think CoolMax fabric used in the Injini versions makes for a very good wicking layer..

    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
        I use Injini exclusively now, no more hot spots or blisters. They are worth their weight in gold. I wonder if REI are selling them at the discounted rate, there you have no shipping costs.

        Ken.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
          REI doesn't have them on sale.

          Ken.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
            I need to make one correction. I went back and checked and find that the Injinii toe socks I used weren't the one denominated as liner socks. They were called Injinji RUN 2.0 Lightweight No-Show Socks and functioned fine as hiking liners, though marketed as running socks. It may be that the version called liner socks are being phased out. If memory serves, I ended up with the version I did because I couldn't find them sold specifically as liner socks, but these could function fine as liners. Like the liners, they use CoolMax fabric.

            This looks like the current REI version of the ones I was using as liners. $12 and not on sale.

            On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:
            I tend to get blisters between my toes. I tried out Injini toe sock liners on my 20-day hike this summer and they pretty much eliminated the problem. One day I forgot to put them on and quickly developed a hot spot that I eliminated by putting them on again.

            I mention this now because they are on sale for $6.30 a pair (usually $9). Unfortunately shipping is $7 so that might be prohibitive unless you are ordering multiple pairs (I rotated 3 pair on my trip).

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
              Ininji is having a good sale on them today, FWIW.