Snow/ice conditions

  • hamidrezvani
    Message 1 of 473 , Jan 4, 2001
      Hello,<br><br>I'm planning on doing a trip in
      late June from Horseshoe Meadows trailhead to Mt.
      Whitney via Cottonwood Lakes, New Army pass, Crabtree
      mdw. and so on.<br>What generally are the snow and ice
      conditions in that time of the year? Are we going to need
      crampons and ice axes and/or do we need to rope up at any
      time during the trip?<br><br>Any and all suggestions
      would be appreciated.<br><br>HR
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002