Gear Review: DeLorme inReach SE Two-Way Messenger [feedly]

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2013
      I saw this being used on the JMT last year and was really impressed.  No smartphone was required.  Totally self-contained.  Seeing the review, I realize a solar charger is needed for this (unless you're hiking fast and you can recharge it at MTR and Reds, says in review you can get 5 days of use from it between charges.  The person I talked to said you spend about $250 a year on a service plan if my memory is right.

      Gear Review: DeLorme inReach SE Two-Way Messenger
      http://www.backpacker.com/article/17966

      via feedly.com
    • ravi_jmt2013