JMT August 2001

  • pondzilla
    Message 1 of 473 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hi All!<br><br>Thanks for the heads up about this
      group dvbraun.<br>I have been reading through your old
      posts and<br>have really enjoyed what I have read so
      far.<br>I have been to some of your Great Webpages and seen
      many many beautiful pictures....Thanks!<br><br>I am
      planning a trip for my 15 year old son and myself. We
      would like to start at Tuolumne Meadows and hike thru
      to Mount Whitney. I have been backpacking since I
      was 17 ...but have never been out for more than 8
      days at a time. This is a trip I have always wanted to
      do...but never had the time. We have 16 days to spend on
      the trail.<br>That might be a little quick ....I do
      want a little time to "smell the roses" so to
      speak.<br>But that is all the time I can squeeze out.<br>That's
      part of the reason for starting at Tuolumne. The other
      reason is Yosemite Valley is a "Zoo" in August. We live
      in the San Joaquin Valley and we can go to Yosemite
      any time. <br><br>My wife asked me what I wanted for
      Christmas I said "Two Weeks in August" she said Ok
      !!!!!!<br>I asked her to go but she said ..."Not This
      rattle on .......I'm So EXCITED!!!
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002