[John Muir Trail] Re: Mile... Mile & A Half has been released.

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 8, 2013
      Hey Jason

      I was enjoying a Snickers bar the other day while watching the new Michael J Fox show and Opus Orange's Crystal Clear song was prominently featured in the soundtrack of the show. They did such a good job on Mile...Mile and a Half I was glad to see them get some exposure. People need to check them out. I love their music!

      My copy of the movie has been passed around a lot and has received nothing but great reviews. Even my non hiking friends loved it.
    • Jason Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013
        Yeah, they're pretty amazing. We lucked out big time! PB actually co-owns a commercial music company, and writes a lot of music for commercials and TV shows.

        Happy to hear that people are enjoying the film!

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: apeman45@...
        Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 02:44:15 +0000
        Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: Mile... Mile & A Half has been released.

        Hey Jason

        I was enjoying a Snickers bar the other day while watching the new Michael J Fox show and Opus Orange's Crystal Clear song was prominently featured in the soundtrack of the show. They did such a good job on Mile...Mile and a Half I was glad to see them get some exposure. People need to check them out. I love their music!

        My copy of the movie has been passed around a lot and has received nothing but great reviews. Even my non hiking friends loved it.

      • John de Belle
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
          Yup, can also confirm the title song by Opus was used for a KFC TV commercial in Australia too. What a buzz that was to hear it on TV.

          Nice work guys, although as of a few days ago the movie is not available on the Australian iTunes store?? A few friends are interested to purchase their copy but are unable to do so.

          Also, an outdoors magazine in Australia called Wild are extremely interested in reviewing the film and I think may put an article in an upcoming magazine here in Australia.

          once again, great work folks.

          ====
          admin@...

          www.customscollector.com
          Customs Insignia from around the world
        • Jason Fitzpatrick
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
            Thanks JD,
            Actually, "Wild" got in touch with us, and is already working on the review.

            Also, even though we aren't available on iTunes in a lot of places outside the US yet, it is still available on DVD or Blue Ray (Although we're backordered on Blue Rays at this moment,) or live streaming from out site. Here's a link to find it.

            http://www.mmaah.com

            We've really been moved by all of the love from all of the kind words coming from all of you down under;-)

            To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 13, 2013

              wait...this is like the 'Jason' from the movie :)  No Way...

              Hubby finally convinced me to watch it tonight.  I chose the JMT as my 40th bday trip...and since I am 41 on Monday and tonight was 'date night' to celebrate my bday, we couldn't think of a better date night than to grab some salmon, some beer and watch MMAAH.

              I thought I would be sad since I can't look at a picture and know where it was (unless I have the date in front of me).  Instead it made me smile.  Our trip was just as Epic as yours...and I miss the trail.  I thought I would never do it again because there are so many other places to see...now I am trying to figure out how to get time off again

              To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
              From: jdebelle@...
              Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 00:24:30 +1100

            • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 13, 2013
                Happy Birthday. :-)

                Ken.

                --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <tamirph@...> wrote:

                > Hubby finally convinced me to watch it tonight. I chose the JMT as my 40th bday trip...and since I am 41 on Monday and tonight was 'date night' to celebrate my bday,

              • nedtibbits
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 13, 2013
                  ...and such is the addiction of time spent in the wilderness (the call of the long trail!).

                  Ned Tibbits, Director
                  Mountain Education
                  www.mountaineducation.org

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 14, 2013
                    Yeah Happy Birthday! Happy to hear we brought back some happy memories for you. Hope you're able to get the time off to hit the trail.
                    Jason (from the movie;-)

                    To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 16, 2013

                      This looks great.   I spend 9 days that summer going from Red's to Bishop in July with my 3 siblings - we must of just been further down the trail.  2 of the 3 will be coming to my house for thanksgiving...  where we'll be having a family screening for us and the rest of the family (spouses/ children / father) who all supported our trip.    Super excited to watch this.     Good luck getting the word out - suggest marketing through the FB PCT group.  I'd think this would be right up their alley.

                      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <xparrot9@...> wrote:

                      Hello Everyone,
                      Jason From the Muir Project here. Great news, we've finally released the film on iTunes, DVD/Blue Ray, On Demand Cable and live streaming from our site. Here's a link to find it.

                      www.mmaah.com

                      Also, having met a lot of you at our screenings, if you could go onto the itunes page and rate it or even write a review that would be a huge help to us.

                      Oh and please spread the word to anybody who you think might like the film. Studio films have 50 million dollar marketing budgets, ours is closer to $50;.-)

                      We're so grateful to all of you for helping us get to here!
                      Jason