Re: [John Muir Trail] RE: New Layout/Format

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
      The broken links are links in the links folders and links inside file content documents that point to locations of other JohnMuirTrail Files and/or links.  Links to objects outside of the Yahoo Groups are not broken.

      Roleigh

      _

      On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM, <tamirph@...> wrote:

      I had no idea the links were broken, etc.  Guess I am very grateful it happened while I was gone and not a week before I left!!

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <roleigh@...> wrote:

      The site picture is that of hiking down from the intersection of Kearsarge Pass/JMT Junction to Vidette Meadows, about halfway down (south of the intersection).  Recognize it?

      _

      On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 11:29 PM, hmdsierra <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I fine it to be a little less user friendly.  The files and links is a real shame.  You would think Yahoo would consider these turnings when changing.

      Please till me what the site picture is.  I've tried and tried to figure it out.  I have a couple of guesses but not real sure.

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      You're not alone, I'm still in deep depression over the new format, I think of it as a grenade, it trashed our world class repository of workable links and descriptive library.  We still have lots of information but like you said, with a lot of broken links.  We have a team of two members who are going to get together in San Francisco to help minimize the damage.  I'm so grateful to them.

      Roleigh

      _

      On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM, <tamirph@...> wrote:

      I just wanted to say that I go off on my JMT hike and come home to find the page all different.  As if I am not having a hard enough time adjusting back to reality--I can't even come here and find the stuff I use to know where it was!  Just kidding...I just have to dig a little deeper and click a few wrong links

    • hmdsierra