RE: Trail Notes

  • groundhogsteve
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2013

      I tried to do the same thing, and found the inconsistencies between the two to be maddening.

      I believe the Wenk database is more accurate, and since it gives all sorts of campsites, it is more usefull.

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hey everyone,

      I'm trying to build my spreadsheet for my planning and I was comparing the Wenk notes spreadsheet, and Roleigh's spreadsheet and they have different number for mileage, elevations, and even what order a couple of items are in.

      Is there a spreadsheet that somebody knows is failrly accurate that I can start with, so I can compute distances for zero days, end of day mileage, and even fishing days?

      I just need a starting point and found Wenk's notes to be for every little bend it the trail it seemed, like a little over kill but very informative.

      Please help me get started at a good point.

      Thanks