Trail Notes

  • jamesrchristopherson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2013

      Hey everyone,

      I'm trying to build my spreadsheet for my planning and I was comparing the Wenk notes spreadsheet, and Roleigh's spreadsheet and they have different number for mileage, elevations, and even what order a couple of items are in.

      Is there a spreadsheet that somebody knows is failrly accurate that I can start with, so I can compute distances for zero days, end of day mileage, and even fishing days?

      I just need a starting point and found Wenk's notes to be for every little bend it the trail it seemed, like a little over kill but very informative.

      Please help me get started at a good point.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2013
        Every source of waypoints differs somewhat from every other. I'd start with the third file at this link (once you change sort order to alphabetic) since at least it is the original source and hasn't been corrupted by other people's changes.

        File is named

        _Elizabeth Wenk Master Spreadsheet for JMT.xls

        If you want a more fully-featured format (lots of claculation formulas added to the same underlying data), look for the file names

        JMT_TRAIL_Planning_JimW.xlsx

        That's the one I use personally.  It is possible some error has crept into the underlying data (intended to be the same as the master) but the calculation functions that were added are impressive. Takes some great familiarity with Excel to use as comapred to the "master".

        On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM, <jamesrchristopherson@...> wrote:

        Hey everyone,

        I'm trying to build my spreadsheet for my planning and I was comparing the Wenk notes spreadsheet, and Roleigh's spreadsheet and they have different number for mileage, elevations, and even what order a couple of items are in.

        Is there a spreadsheet that somebody knows is failrly accurate that I can start with, so I can compute distances for zero days, end of day mileage, and even fishing days?

        I just need a starting point and found Wenk's notes to be for every little bend it the trail it seemed, like a little over kill but very informative.

        Please help me get started at a good point.

        Thanks

      • groundhogsteve