RE: Mile... Mile & A Half has been released.

  • tamirph
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 2, 2013

      One of those in that box is mine!!!!  Got it today in the mail....can't wait to watch it this weekend!

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <xparrot9@...> wrote:

      Thank You!!! And let me know if you don't have it in a few days.

      Photo: PHEW!
Just finished packing up the pre-orders for Blu-Ray & DVD

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: forgetwho@...
      Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 08:32:30 -0700
      Subject: RE: RE: [John Muir Trail] RE: Mile... Mile & A Half has been released.

      YAY!  Thanks :-)

      Gail

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We dropped them off at the post office on Monday!

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: forgetwho@...
      Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 08:16:48 -0700

      Hi Jason, I preordered a copy.  Have you mailed those out yet?  :-)

      Gail

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello Everyone,
      Jason From the Muir Project here. Great news, we've finally released the film on iTunes, DVD/Blue Ray, On Demand Cable and live streaming from our site. Here's a link to find it.

      www.mmaah.com

      Also, having met a lot of you at our screenings, if you could go onto the itunes page and rate it or even write a review that would be a huge help to us.

      Oh and please spread the word to anybody who you think might like the film. Studio films have 50 million dollar marketing budgets, ours is closer to $50;.-)

      We're so grateful to all of you for helping us get to here!
      Jason

    • Jason Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 2, 2013
        Woo Hoo! Happy to hear they're arriving. Thanks for ordering!

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 3, 2013
          I just received my DVD and immediately watched it. The film is awesome, I love the story, and the photography. I am so glad I ordered it I'm sure I'll watch it many times and also invite friends to watch it with me.

          Chip Cenci
        • Jason Fitzpatrick
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 3, 2013
            Awe Shucks! Thanks Chip!

            To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
            From: cencir@...
            Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 15:42:46 -0400

          • cbharrell@att.net
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 4, 2013
              We streamed & watched Mile... Mile and a Half last evening... It was great!

              We thru-hiked the JMT this summer (7/21-8/11) and the movie took us right back to the trail. However, 2013 being a very light snow year, we didn't see or have to deal with anywhere near the white stuff the group did in 2011, with a 200% snow year. It must have been so incredibly challenging crossing all those snow fields and CLIMBING up & down the passes! Wow!

              Anyway, a job well done on the movie! The scenery is spectacular and you all captured the essence of the trai in each & every shotl. I especially LOVED the scenes of the night sky. I think John Muir would have been pleased...
            • Jason Fitzpatrick
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 4, 2013
                Glad you liked it, and even happier you John Muir would have;-)

                To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                From: cbharrell@...
                Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 13:26:36 +0000

                We streamed & watched Mile... Mile and a Half last evening... It was great!

                We thru-hiked the JMT this summer (7/21-8/11) and the movie took us right back to the trail. However, 2013 being a very light snow year, we didn't see or have to deal with anywhere near the white stuff the group did in 2011, with a 200% snow year. It must have been so incredibly challenging crossing all those snow fields and CLIMBING up & down the passes! Wow!

                Anyway, a job well done on the movie! The scenery is spectacular and you all captured the essence of the trai in each & every shotl. I especially LOVED the scenes of the night sky. I think John Muir would have been pleased...

              • Terry
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 8, 2013
                  Hey Jason

                  I was enjoying a Snickers bar the other day while watching the new Michael J Fox show and Opus Orange's Crystal Clear song was prominently featured in the soundtrack of the show. They did such a good job on Mile...Mile and a Half I was glad to see them get some exposure. People need to check them out. I love their music!

                  My copy of the movie has been passed around a lot and has received nothing but great reviews. Even my non hiking friends loved it.
                • Jason Fitzpatrick
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013
                    Yeah, they're pretty amazing. We lucked out big time! PB actually co-owns a commercial music company, and writes a lot of music for commercials and TV shows.

                    Happy to hear that people are enjoying the film!

                    To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                    From: apeman45@...
                    Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 02:44:15 +0000

                    Hey Jason

                    I was enjoying a Snickers bar the other day while watching the new Michael J Fox show and Opus Orange's Crystal Clear song was prominently featured in the soundtrack of the show. They did such a good job on Mile...Mile and a Half I was glad to see them get some exposure. People need to check them out. I love their music!

                    My copy of the movie has been passed around a lot and has received nothing but great reviews. Even my non hiking friends loved it.

                  • John de Belle
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
                      Yup, can also confirm the title song by Opus was used for a KFC TV commercial in Australia too. What a buzz that was to hear it on TV.

                      Nice work guys, although as of a few days ago the movie is not available on the Australian iTunes store?? A few friends are interested to purchase their copy but are unable to do so.

                      Also, an outdoors magazine in Australia called Wild are extremely interested in reviewing the film and I think may put an article in an upcoming magazine here in Australia.

                      once again, great work folks.

                      ====
                      admin@...

                      www.customscollector.com
                      Customs Insignia from around the world
                    • Jason Fitzpatrick
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
                        Thanks JD,
                        Actually, "Wild" got in touch with us, and is already working on the review.

                        Also, even though we aren't available on iTunes in a lot of places outside the US yet, it is still available on DVD or Blue Ray (Although we're backordered on Blue Rays at this moment,) or live streaming from out site. Here's a link to find it.

                        http://www.mmaah.com

                        We've really been moved by all of the love from all of the kind words coming from all of you down under;-)

                        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 13, 2013

                          wait...this is like the 'Jason' from the movie :)  No Way...

                          Hubby finally convinced me to watch it tonight.  I chose the JMT as my 40th bday trip...and since I am 41 on Monday and tonight was 'date night' to celebrate my bday, we couldn't think of a better date night than to grab some salmon, some beer and watch MMAAH.

                          I thought I would be sad since I can't look at a picture and know where it was (unless I have the date in front of me).  Instead it made me smile.  Our trip was just as Epic as yours...and I miss the trail.  I thought I would never do it again because there are so many other places to see...now I am trying to figure out how to get time off again

                          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                          From: jdebelle@...
                          Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 00:24:30 +1100

                        • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 13, 2013
                            Happy Birthday. :-)

                            Ken.

                            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <tamirph@...> wrote:

                            > Hubby finally convinced me to watch it tonight. I chose the JMT as my 40th bday trip...and since I am 41 on Monday and tonight was 'date night' to celebrate my bday,

                          • nedtibbits
                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 13, 2013
                              ...and such is the addiction of time spent in the wilderness (the call of the long trail!).

                              Ned Tibbits, Director
                              Mountain Education
                              www.mountaineducation.org

                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 14, 2013
                                Yeah Happy Birthday! Happy to hear we brought back some happy memories for you. Hope you're able to get the time off to hit the trail.
                                Jason (from the movie;-)

                                To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com