Re: [John Muir Trail] Guides

  • Michael Bakewell
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
      Thank you

      From: John Ladd <johnladd@...>
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 3:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Guides

      Ray Rippel's $7 PDF just-do-this straightforward advice

      http://jmtbook.com/

      Elizabth Wenk's Wilderness Press Guidebook - everything you wanted to know about the trail

      http://www.amazon.com/John-Muir-Trail-essential-Americas/dp/0899974368

      Lizzy's working on a new edition, but I don't know how soon it will be out. But current edition is fine.

      Both authors are members of this group, but I'd recommend them even if not.

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Michael Bakewell <foxfish50@...> wrote:

      I am going to get 2 guides to the JMT. What are the "best" (in your opinion) for hikers who have not been in that area?