Re: John Muir Trail trip report and photos (part 6 of 6), July 2008

  • hmdsierra
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
      There is plenty to like about the HS Trail. I've been over the entire
      length but not in one trip. The view from Bearpaw is really striking.
      I had gone from Crescent Mdw to Big Arroyo and back out over Black
      Rock Pass then out to Hospital Rock. When the time came for me to
      take the last backpack trip with my friend Gary, begore we both
      retired and moved elsewhere, HST was the top of the list. We only
      went as far as Bearpaw then down to Redwood Mdw and out. I was afraid
      his arthritis would would not take the whole loop but I'm sure he
      would enjoy seeing Whitney from Black Rock Pass as much as I did. We
      had looked that way from Whitney several times.