Sierra fall color this weekend?

  • skrapp138
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2013
      I'm itching to get back up to the Sierras one last time this weekend before winter - anyone have any recommendations for a good weekend trip where I could see some fall color? Last year at this time I went to Mineral King and the Aspens were just starting to turn - I thought about going there again, but I'd like to try something new!
    • Lynn Alexander
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2013

        It is a little bit early for good Aspen color. Last year we went to Lake Sabrina west of Bishop the 2nd weekend in October and the Aspens were at peak only above 10,000 feet. Then the last weekend in October we played in beautiful full color Aspens on the June lake loop. But tent camping was really cold that weekend.

      • Jim Ringland
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 26, 2013

          The California Fall Color page (http://www.californiafallcolor.com/) focuses on East Side and suggests things are peaking there right now.   -- Jim Ringland