We completed our Thru Hike last Wednesday...

  • tamirph
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2013
    Thank you to everyone on this board that helped make our trip a success.  I have 1100+ pictures to go thru and limited time right now to do it.  We had a fabulous time and it's been an adjustment back into 'normal' life.  Met so many wonderful people...including Mr. John Ladd at MTR of all places!

    For those following our permit change due to the road closure from the Rim Fire--we were able to get a walk up permit to leave Saturday August 31 from Cathedral Lakes Trailhead--so we hiked back towards Happy Isles--camped at Sunrise Creek Crossing the first night (Saturday--it was super smokey and couldn't see any of the beauty)--then moved camp by a mile-mile and a half down to Cloud's Rest Junction for second night-Sunday.  On Sunday we day hiked and did Half Dome in the smoke-if we would have know it was gonna clear out, we would have waited but we got a nice 'half smokey' view from up there.  Then day hiked back to Happy Isles so I could get a picture next to the sign!!!

    I will post more later but wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone!