Mammoth shuttle feedback

  • jhflying
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2013
      We flew into Mammoth and took a shuttle to the South Lake / Bishops Pass trailhead. I had received several bids from various solo drivers from the JMT crib sheet. I had called Rolf at OriginalMammothShuttle in early August for a reservation for Sep 13. After several phone calls, he confirmed the reservation and we were set for a 9:30am pick up. I called 2 weeks before just to reconfirm.

      Well, at 9:30am, no Rolf. At 9:35am, I called and no answer, but I left a message. At 9:45, he called me back and apologized but said he was running 2 HOURS late. No call at 8:00, or 9:00 or even 9:30. Frankly, I think with his paper based system, he forgot about us. Now, I'm in a panic, but I called Mammoth Taxi and Scottie said he'd have a Suburban available in 10 minutes. I didn't know about Mammoth Taxi, but glad I found them. At 10:10, we were loaded and on the road!!

      Rolf called me back again and said he'd cut our fare in half. I was not a happy camper and said too late.

      Rolf had quoted $140 for Mammoth to South Lake. Scottie at Mammoth Taxi quoted me $150. Wow, that's a no brainer for a reliable, large fleet of Mammoth Taxi. Rolf is a solo driver with a beat-up minivan.

      I highly recommend Mammoth Taxi. Their prices are on their web-site.

      John