Re: [John Muir Trail] completed my JMT!!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21 7:44 AM
      On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 5:31 AM, <helenbeckers@...> wrote:
      ps to John: It was GREAT meeting you at Wanda Lake, I'm gonna send you the pictures we took of us soon!!!

      I enjoyed our talk as well. And I love the fact that you and so so many others were willing to compensate for my refusal to carry a camera. The trail is such a place for teaching one to rely on the kindness of strangers.

      You are the second story of the year about nighttime mountain lion stalkings. There was another one on the PCT earlier this year. I'll be interested to read about it once you get it posted.

      The other mountain lion story discussed in this thread:

    • retiredhank2012
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22 1:28 PM
        Took a quick look at your blog link and absolutely related to how you felt on completing the JMT. Competed mine in Sept of 2012 and tried saying pretty much the same thing while taking a video on Whitney. Half talking and half trying not to cry, just made a mess of it.
        Congratulations and thanks for taking me back.

        Sent from my iPhone
      • walkingwomad
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23 6:40 AM

          Hi guys!

          I uploaded my mountain lion story on my blog. No pictures and videos yet but it's there. I do ask you to please please please be nice to me and respect my feelings if you comment on what happened... I might seem brave (well not at all during that night) but I am just a tiny tiny humble woman and that night was the worst night of my life (no matter whether I was in real danger or not!)...  I still wanna share the story with you... so if you wanna read it, just go to my blog (the story is in the post DAY 2 and 3, underneath the Half Dome pictures)...

          Happy trails (even though this story ain't the most happy one.... yet I learned so so so much that night and there do was a HAPPY END :c)!!!

          Helen aka CAT woman