completed my JMT!!!!

  • walkingwomad
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
      Hi ALL!

      I completed my JMT at the 16th of September... Can't believe time went so fast. If you want to hear my story (which is a pretty crazy one, as on night two I was stalked in my tent by a mountain lion for 13 hours) you can read my blog at: www.walkingwomad.blogspot.de
      I haven't written about my JMT yet (as I just got home) but I'll start retyping my journal in the next few weeks... So just pop by if you're curious ;c)
      Thanks again to all of you guys for all your help during my preparations. It was great!
      Happy trails!

      Helen aka CAT woman (the trailname that was given to me after my mountain lion encounter)

      ps to John: It was GREAT meeting you at Wanda Lake, I'm gonna send you the pictures we took of us soon!!!
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
        On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 5:31 AM, <helenbeckers@...> wrote:
        ps to John: It was GREAT meeting you at Wanda Lake, I'm gonna send you the pictures we took of us soon!!!

        I enjoyed our talk as well. And I love the fact that you and so so many others were willing to compensate for my refusal to carry a camera. The trail is such a place for teaching one to rely on the kindness of strangers.

        You are the second story of the year about nighttime mountain lion stalkings. There was another one on the PCT earlier this year. I'll be interested to read about it once you get it posted.

        The other mountain lion story discussed in this thread:

      • retiredhank2012
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2013
          Took a quick look at your blog link and absolutely related to how you felt on completing the JMT. Competed mine in Sept of 2012 and tried saying pretty much the same thing while taking a video on Whitney. Half talking and half trying not to cry, just made a mess of it.
          Congratulations and thanks for taking me back.

          Sent from my iPhone
        • walkingwomad
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 2013

            Hi guys!

            I uploaded my mountain lion story on my blog. No pictures and videos yet but it's there. I do ask you to please please please be nice to me and respect my feelings if you comment on what happened... I might seem brave (well not at all during that night) but I am just a tiny tiny humble woman and that night was the worst night of my life (no matter whether I was in real danger or not!)...  I still wanna share the story with you... so if you wanna read it, just go to my blog (the story is in the post DAY 2 and 3, underneath the Half Dome pictures)...

            Happy trails (even though this story ain't the most happy one.... yet I learned so so so much that night and there do was a HAPPY END :c)!!!

            Helen aka CAT woman