RE: Potential Mile, Mile and a Half Screen in Bay Area

  • john_friend
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 20, 2013

      The Bay Area screening of Mile, Mile and a Half is on!   It's at the AMC Mercado 20 theater in Santa Clara (right off 101) Wednesday, Oct. 16, 7:30pm.

      For the screening to happen, we need 73 advance ticket purchases in the next two weeks.  You can see details and/or purchase a ticket here: http://www.tugg.com/events/5651.  If you're in the area, please come and join us!

      So, if you live in the Bay Area or have friends in the Bay Area, please spread the word to them about this unique showing.  If you've been on the JMT, you'll certainly enjoy seeing parts of it on the big screen.  If you're contemplating hiking the JMT, you'll love to see what you have to look forward to.  If you just love seeing the great outdoors, this scenery is next to impossible to beat.

    • Jason Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 20, 2013
        Woo Hoo!!! Excited you guys were able to set it up. I'll get in touch with you shortly.
        Jason

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 25, 2013

          Just to let any Bay Area participants know, ticket reservations are going well for the Bay Area screening of Mile, Mile and a Half in Santa Clara at the AMC Mercado 20.  We're almost halfway to the number of advance ticket reservations we need to confirm the event and make sure it happens.  If you live in the area, please come and join us and bring some friends.  To assure the event happens, our minimum number of tickets (41 more to go) must be reserved in advance (by Oct. 9).

          Here's a synopsis of the film I came across that I particularly like:

          "Mile… Mile & A Half" is not your typical hiking and nature documentary. It is about the

          journey of a group of professional artists who hiked the John Muir Trail during an epic

          snow year. They hiked 219 Miles in 25 days. Along the way, they were joined by

          musicians, painters, teachers and other adventure-seekers. They set out to capture the

          trail, but ended up documenting how the wilderness captured them. The film has been

          described as "inspiring and life evaluating", "breathtakingly gorgeous", "a fun journey"

          and much more.

          Reserve your tickets here: http://www.tugg.com/go/qbvmjv

          Check out various trailers here: http://themuirproject.com/mmah/videos/

          For anyone who's thinking about doing the JMT and has questions, we'll have an informal Q&A after the movie if you want to ask any questions (equipment, resupply, pace, weather, time of year, mosquitoes, water, training, solo hiking, etc...).

          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 1, 2013

            We have met our minimum ticket sales and the Oct. 16th screening of Mile, Mile & A Half at AMC Mercado 20 in Santa Clara, CA has been confirmed!  There are still 75 seats left if anyone else wants to come.  Tickets must be purchased in advance here: http://www.tugg.com/events/5651

          • john_friend
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 5, 2013

              The SF Bay Area screening in Santa Clara, CA for Wed, October 16 looks like it might sell out.  Only 29 tickets left.  If you were thinking about joining us, you should probably purchase your tickets soon.  Tickets must be purchased online in advance here: http://www.tugg.com/events/5651

            • jmtorbust
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 16, 2013

                 Hi Everyone,

                Just a quick warning: if you tried to click the link to buy tickets for the Santa Clara screening through the Muir Project website, the link took you to the page for the Irvine screening.  I just realized that I purchased tickets for the wrong screening and now can't attend.  Pretty upsetting.  I checked and the link that John posted goes to the correct event page on Tugg, it's the link on the Muir Project website that misdirects.  It was totally my fault for not paying more attention and trusting the link, but I thought I would warn other people just in case.

                If anyone has an extra 2-3 tickets or does not plan to attend, I will gladly buy your tickets.  I was using the event to try to convince two of my friends to join me in 2014 :/.

                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 17, 2013
                  Sorry about that everyone!

                  To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jmtorbust@...
                  Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:51:54 -0700

                • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 17, 2013
                    Well, I don't live in the area, but if the one event was sold out, why not host another?

                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 18, 2013

                      I was at the Santa Clara screening and the movie was great! I am so thankful that a "bonus" screening was had since I was out of town back in June when it came around. Awesome and Inspiring!
                    • Jason Fitzpatrick
                      Message 10 of 24 , Oct 18, 2013
                        Thanks Lila! So glad you enjoyed the film. Looks like we'll have another one in the bay area December 5th, as well as a lot more around the country. Check out the list here if you would like to see it in the theater.

                        P.S.   I went to two this week in Irvine and Ventura and had a great time at both. Thanks again to everyone who came out to our screenings this week!

                        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                        From: lilagray@...
                        Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:24:17 -0700

                        I was at the Santa Clara screening and the movie was great! I am so thankful that a "bonus" screening was had since I was out of town back in June when it came around. Awesome and Inspiring!

                      • Don Nicholas
                        Message 11 of 24 , Oct 18, 2013
                          Jason,
                          I have been trying to learn everything I can about the JMT. I am planning on doing this hike with my 13 year old in two years.

                          I bought your film on iTunes and have enjoyed it three times this week already. I am jealous and inspired. Thank you so much for making this film.

                          Don

                          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                          From: lilagray@...
                          Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:24:17 -0700