Re: [John Muir Trail] The Rim Fire

  • Stuart Dodson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20, 2013
      I note in the report that the rim fire started from an out of control hunters fire.Is action to be taken against the hunter?

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 20, 2013

        this was after the second Foresta Fire (which also closed 120).

        Don, I don't have any early successional images from the Rainbow Fire, though I remember it well. I was living at a place called Tamarack Lodge just on the other side of Mammoth Pass. Embers were falling out of the sky and D-8's were parked down the road as a last resort to save the Town of Mammoth Lakes if the fire jumped the pass, it didn't.

        Lupine did come in before the Ceanothus took over.

        John D

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        John:

        Ah yes, I can see the picture.  It looks like something I saw after a burn near the Wawona Hotel a few years ago.  Is it that.  Lupine fields are always a treat.

        Joe