RE: The Rim Fire

  • johndittli
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 525 KB
    Message 2 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013
      Thanks Ken for the find, this is an amazing report, very sad.

      _

    • Joe MacLeish
      Message 3 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013

        What is this?

        Message 4 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013

          Joe  It's Yahoo's interpretation of a beautiful photo of lupine coming in after a large burn in Yosemite several years ago, do you like it?

          John D

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <jmacleish@...> wrote:

          What is this?

          Message 5 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013

            John:

            Ah yes, I can see the picture.  It looks like something I saw after a burn near the Wawona Hotel a few years ago.  Is it that.  Lupine fields are always a treat.

            Joe

                I note in the report that the rim fire started from an out of control hunters fire.Is action to be taken against the hunter?

                Message 8 of 9 , Sep 20, 2013

                  this was after the second Foresta Fire (which also closed 120).

                  Don, I don't have any early successional images from the Rainbow Fire, though I remember it well. I was living at a place called Tamarack Lodge just on the other side of Mammoth Pass. Embers were falling out of the sky and D-8's were parked down the road as a last resort to save the Town of Mammoth Lakes if the fire jumped the pass, it didn't.

                  Lupine did come in before the Ceanothus took over.

                  John D