The Rim Fire

  • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013
    • johndittli
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013
      Message 3 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013
        Thanks Ken for the find, this is an amazing report, very sad.

        _

      • Joe MacLeish
        Message 4 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013

          What is this?

          Message 5 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013

            Joe  It's Yahoo's interpretation of a beautiful photo of lupine coming in after a large burn in Yosemite several years ago, do you like it?

            John D

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <jmacleish@...> wrote:

            What is this?

            Message 6 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013

              John:

              Ah yes, I can see the picture.  It looks like something I saw after a burn near the Wawona Hotel a few years ago.  Is it that.  Lupine fields are always a treat.

              Joe

                  I note in the report that the rim fire started from an out of control hunters fire.Is action to be taken against the hunter?

                  Message 9 of 9 , Sep 20, 2013

                    this was after the second Foresta Fire (which also closed 120).

                    Don, I don't have any early successional images from the Rainbow Fire, though I remember it well. I was living at a place called Tamarack Lodge just on the other side of Mammoth Pass. Embers were falling out of the sky and D-8's were parked down the road as a last resort to save the Town of Mammoth Lakes if the fire jumped the pass, it didn't.

                    Lupine did come in before the Ceanothus took over.

                    John D