Highway 120 through the park is open

  • Kim Fishburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2013
    • Robert
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2013
        Great news! Good timing as I'm doing a totally spur of the moment JMT hike this week and will need the YARTS shuttle to get back to my car.

        Is anyone driving to Lone Pine on Sept 17th from Lee Vining? Planning on thumbing a ride, but it would be cool to meet any fellow JMT Yahoo-ers. I will pitch in some funds for gas, FWIW.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Kim Fishburn <animalfarm99@...> wrote:

        > http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/conditions.htm#CP_JUMP_106631

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2013
          I'm going to try this post again, apologies if my original post ends up showing up here later from out there in cyberspace, or wherever lost posts go!

          The opening of hwy 120 is great news!! It will help with travel logistics for a spontaneous, unplanned JMT hike I'm doing this week. YARTS only travels on the weekends in Sept. apparently, but its much easier to hitch rides when the traffic is going all the way through on hwy 120.

          If anyone from the group is traveling SOBO on hwy 395 from the Yosemite area on Sept. 17th? I will be the guy sticking his thumb out for a hitch from Lee Vining to Lone Pine. I can pitch in for fuel, FWIW. It would be nice to meet any fellow JMT Yahoo-ers along the way. I'm shooting for a 7 night JMT hike, 6 if I end up coming out at TM, which will probably be what I will do for logistics unless I'm feeling too good to stop. There's not the same incentive to finish NOBO in Yosemite Valley in the crowds, as there is finishing at Whitney, plus I hiked the LYV to TM section earlier this summer.

          Is