Re: [John Muir Trail] Best Trail-Related Quotes?

  • Bill Hegardt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2013
      I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts
      of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover
      that I had not lived.  -- Henry David Thoreau, Walden

      Earth laughs in flowers. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"

      I can't decide whether I want to spend my next life as a little alpine bird or as a marmot. We should be
      careful before concluding that either of these would be stepping down. -- Randy Morgenson, Rae Lakes, 1965

      These quotes were all mentioned in the book "The Last Season" by Eric Blehm - a book I recently enjoyed reading and recommend.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2013

        Not all who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien

        dave j. billingsley
        949-903-5998