A water-powered (uses a chemical reaction, not flow-powered) recharger, lighter than solar chargers

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
      This is very interesting.  weighs 8.5 oz the whole system.  Lighter than most solar charging systems (which require sun).  Lots of information here.

      Big downside I see is the cost, $200.

      _

    • Bill Hegardt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
        Roleigh,

        Thanks for posting. They say it gets warm, so might be able to use it to warm up
        the ol' sleeping bag on a cold night if that could be done safely. I guess it produces some water vapor - so maybe that's not a good idea.  Anyway, I have not found the weight of the pucks it uses, but looks like they cost at least $7 each.

        - Bill

        On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

        This is very interesting.  weighs 8.5 oz the whole system.  Lighter than most solar charging systems (which require sun).  Lots of information here.

        Big downside I see is the cost, $200.

        _

      • Rick Martyn