[John Muir Trail] Re: a chance encounter . . . on the JMT, never!

  • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2013
      John is one of natures throw-backs. I think in a former life he wanted to be pork-fat breeding military adventurer traipsing across the tundra in search of the mystical land of ghee and goop-soup growers. :-)

      Ken.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2013
        Yeah, make fun of Big Molle, It's not like she's sensitive abuot her
        weight or anything. (53 lbs with water coming in via New Army with 12
        days of food)

        But how many of you could carry a llama OUT in case of an unexpected
        llama emergency. I bet you hadn't thought of that contingency! You
        never can be too prepared, I always say. She did carry a bicycle once.

        San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
        415-648-9279
      • climbskihikebike
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2013

          John, sounds like a great trip!

          I found another good quote...I believe it was Martin Luther King Jr. who said:

          "The true measure of a pack is not whether she can carry a bicycle, but rather, might a man ride a bicycle whilst carrying such a pack?"

          One must always be prepared to ride a bicycle.

          :)

          Allen