a chance encounter . . . on the JMT, never!

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2013
      Okay, I have finally had a chance to start the big download . . .  funny who ya meet out there!

      BOB

    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2013
        John needs a llama for that pack. Nice pic Bob.

        Ken.

        > Okay, I have finally had a chance to start the big download . . . funny who ya meet out there!
        > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151599948572466&set=o.2240988980&type=2&theater
        >

        > BOBhttp://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_activity.php?post_id=6480

      • robert shattuck
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2013
          A llama, perhaps ..... Why are we all not running around with surplus army packs---the government no doubt spent millions developing them and we paid for them ....what am I missing?

          Bob

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11, 2013
            John is one of natures throw-backs. I think in a former life he wanted to be pork-fat breeding military adventurer traipsing across the tundra in search of the mystical land of ghee and goop-soup growers. :-)

            Ken.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 14, 2013
              Yeah, make fun of Big Molle, It's not like she's sensitive abuot her
              weight or anything. (53 lbs with water coming in via New Army with 12
              days of food)

              But how many of you could carry a llama OUT in case of an unexpected
              llama emergency. I bet you hadn't thought of that contingency! You
              never can be too prepared, I always say. She did carry a bicycle once.

              San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
              415-648-9279
            • climbskihikebike
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 15, 2013

                John, sounds like a great trip!

                I found another good quote...I believe it was Martin Luther King Jr. who said:

                "The true measure of a pack is not whether she can carry a bicycle, but rather, might a man ride a bicycle whilst carrying such a pack?"

                One must always be prepared to ride a bicycle.

                :)

                Allen