Re: [John Muir Trail] hwy 120

  • Dittli-Goethals
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2013
      I'm still wondering where this information is coming from? I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, just that I can't find any official info stating such?

      The NPS sight updated yesterday http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/rimfire.htm is still saying closed from the east.

      John

      On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

      Highway 120, Tioga Pass Road opens today at noon so one can access the valley from Tuolumne by road again!

      --
      John Dittli/Leslie Goethals
      John Dittli Photography

      2010  IPPY Gold Medal Award Winner
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2013
        John I posted this yesterday one hour after Yose Nps updated their Facebook page:

        Posted an hour ago at Yosemite NPS facebook page:

        Great news - Highway 120 west of Yosemite and the Big Oak Flat Road reopens today at noon! Yosemite Valley will be accessible. Along with the road, the Big Oak Flat Information Station will also open. The Hodgdon Meadow and Crane Flat Campgrounds remain closed, as do the Tuolumne and Merced Groves of Giant Sequoias. Additionally, the Tioga Road will remain closed between Crane Flat and 1.5 miles east of White Wolf through this weekend as firing operations continue. View the news release:http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/bofreopens13.htm

        https://www.facebook.com/YosemiteNPS
        --------------------------

        Sent from my iPhone
        See my Google Profile for interesting research links:
        http://tinyurl.com/3vnolh8

        On Sep 7, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Dittli-Goethals <johndittli@...> wrote:

        I'm still wondering where this information is coming from? I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, just that I can't find any official info stating such?

        The NPS sight updated yesterday http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/rimfire.htm is still saying closed from the east.

        John

        On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

        Highway 120, Tioga Pass Road opens today at noon so one can access the valley from Tuolumne by road again!

        --
        John Dittli/Leslie Goethals
        John Dittli Photography
        www.johndittli.com

        2010  IPPY Gold Medal Award Winner

      • johndittli
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2013

          YES! Exactly!!!! 120 EAST will remain CLOSED! NO ACCESS TO YOSEMITE VALLEY FROM THE EAST (Tuolumne Mdws)!

          This is the second time it's been posted here and I could see people coming out at Whitney expecting to get back to the Valley via Tioga Pass, this is not the case as I understand it.

          John

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

        • robert shattuck
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 2013

            Bummer . . . looks like I'll be in Reno tonight. ugh.  If anyone is sitting in Lone Pine, about to go back to San Franciscso and you have some room, send me a message, quick!!!

            Bob

            To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 7, 2013
              Ugh!? Its a great weekend to be in Reno! Wake up early and hit the Great Reno Balloon Race at Rancho San Rafael Park, catch a Nevada Wolfpack game tonight, or hit the camel races at Virginia City on Sunday. All kinds of options! The smoke is blowing away from us finally, and we are having our usual spectacular Sept. weather!

              > Bummer . . . looks like I'll be in Reno tonight. ugh. If anyone is sitting in Lone Pine, about to go back to San Franciscso and you have some room, send me a message, quick!!!
              >
              > Bob

              > To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
              > From: johndittli@...
              > Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 07:05:04 -0700
              > Subject: RE: Re: [John Muir Trail] hwy 120

              > YES! Exactly!!!! 120 EAST will remain CLOSED! NO ACCESS TO YOSEMITE VALLEY FROM THE EAST (Tuolumne Mdws)!
              >

              > This is the second time it's been posted here and I could see people coming out at Whitney expecting to get back to the Valley via Tioga Pass, this is not the case as I understand it.
              >
              > John
              >
              > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >
              > John I posted this yesterday one hour after Yose Nps updated their Facebook page:
              > Posted an hour ago at Yosemite NPS facebook page:
              > Great news - Highway 120 west of Yosemite and the Big Oak Flat Road reopens today at noon! Yosemite Valley will be accessible. Along with the road, the Big Oak Flat Information Station will also open. The Hodgdon Meadow and Crane Flat Campgrounds remain closed, as do the Tuolumne and Merced Groves of Giant Sequoias. Additionally, the Tioga Road will remain closed between Crane Flat and 1.5 miles east of White Wolf through this weekend as firing operations continue. View the news release:http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/bofreopens13.htm
              > https://www.facebook.com/YosemiteNPS
              > --------------------------
              > Sent from my iPhoneSee my Google Profile for interesting research links:http://tinyurl.com/3vnolh8
              > On Sep 7, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Dittli-Goethals <johndittli@> wrote:

              > I'm still wondering where this information is coming from? I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, just that I can't find any official info stating such?
              > The NPS sight updated yesterday http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/rimfire.htm is still saying closed from the east.
              >

              > John
              >
              > On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@> wrote:

              > Highway 120, Tioga Pass Road opens today at noon so one can access the valley from Tuolumne by road again!

              > --
              > John Dittli/Leslie GoethalsJohn Dittli Photography
              > www.johndittli.com
              > 760-934-3505
              >

              > Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail2010 IPPY Gold Medal Award Winnerhttp://johndittli.com/site/content/view/57/48/

            • Dittli-Goethals
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 8, 2013
                Thanks Robert, that's only because we've got it down here now...

                JD