Smoke conditions may improve Yosemite Valley

  • forgetwho
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
      For those who haven't started their hike yet - there is hope.  This is from today's InciWeb Air Quality Report (updated each morning):

      "Long-range outlook

      Southwest transport winds will dominate for the next several days. This should keep air quality in the Yosemite Valley and areas south of the fire in the good to moderate range. Areas north and northeast of the fire, including the Lake Tahoe Basin, and Washoe and Carson valleys will see higher impacts. Communities within the immediate fire area will continue to see intense morning smoke."

      http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/3660/21139/

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
        Oh goody, goody! ( insert sarcasm here ). As someone who lives in the Reno/Sparks area, we have borne the brunt of the smoke from the Rim Fire and have been choking on the smoke from this fire for a couple weeks. I enjoyed our 2 day reprieve from a shift in wind flow, but it looks like its coming back our way, yay! ( insert sarcasm again ).

        Bring on winter and some snowfall to put out these fires and some skiing!!