Re: Water on the trail

  • bodnar1234
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
      The water situation should be fine along the entire JMT.

      I just looked at the data I collected for the iphone and android JMT app. The longest stretch without reliable water (between Reds Meadow and Happy Isles) would be under 7 miles. I hope this helps.

      Paul

      iPhone JMT Hiker
      Android JMT app Guthook's Guide: JMT

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Rick Eaggleston <reaggleston@...> wrote:

      > Hey everybody how is the water supply on the JMT now! I'm hiking from Reds meadow to HI and I was just curious I know that we have had some really dry winters lately. Thanks everybody.
      > Rick
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone

    • Rick Eaggleston
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
        What app are you talking about?

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Aug 30, 2013, at 18:00, "bodnar1234" <paulbodnar@...> wrote:

        The water situation should be fine along the entire JMT.

        I just looked at the data I collected for the iphone and android JMT app. The longest stretch without reliable water (between Reds Meadow and Happy Isles) would be under 7 miles. I hope this helps.

        Paul

        iPhone JMT Hiker
        Android JMT app Guthook's Guide: JMT

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Rick Eaggleston <reaggleston@...> wrote:

        > Hey everybody how is the water supply on the JMT now! I'm hiking from Reds meadow to HI and I was just curious I know that we have had some really dry winters lately. Thanks everybody.
        > Rick
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • bodnar1234
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
          The JMT app was just released this summer. We also have a Pacific Crest Trail and Appalachian Trail app available.

          Here are the links below to the JMT app.

          Paul

          JMT Hiker for the iPhone app (use link or google it)

          https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/john-muir-trail-hiker/id654614050?mt=8

          Guthooks: JMT guide for Android (use link or google it)

          https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.highsierraattitude.jmtguide&hl=en