Water on the trail

  • Rick Eaggleston
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
      Hey everybody how is the water supply on the JMT now! I'm hiking from Reds meadow to HI and I was just curious I know that we have had some really dry winters lately. Thanks everybody.
      Rick

      Sent from my iPhone
    • bodnar1234
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
        The water situation should be fine along the entire JMT.

        I just looked at the data I collected for the iphone and android JMT app. The longest stretch without reliable water (between Reds Meadow and Happy Isles) would be under 7 miles. I hope this helps.

        Paul

        iPhone JMT Hiker
        Android JMT app Guthook's Guide: JMT

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Rick Eaggleston <reaggleston@...> wrote:

        > Hey everybody how is the water supply on the JMT now! I'm hiking from Reds meadow to HI and I was just curious I know that we have had some really dry winters lately. Thanks everybody.
        > Rick
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • Rick Eaggleston
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
          What app are you talking about?

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Aug 30, 2013, at 18:00, "bodnar1234" <paulbodnar@...> wrote:

          The water situation should be fine along the entire JMT.

          I just looked at the data I collected for the iphone and android JMT app. The longest stretch without reliable water (between Reds Meadow and Happy Isles) would be under 7 miles. I hope this helps.

          Paul

          iPhone JMT Hiker
          Android JMT app Guthook's Guide: JMT

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Rick Eaggleston <reaggleston@...> wrote:

          > Hey everybody how is the water supply on the JMT now! I'm hiking from Reds meadow to HI and I was just curious I know that we have had some really dry winters lately. Thanks everybody.
          > Rick
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone

        • bodnar1234
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
            The JMT app was just released this summer. We also have a Pacific Crest Trail and Appalachian Trail app available.

            Here are the links below to the JMT app.

            Paul

            JMT Hiker for the iPhone app (use link or google it)

            https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/john-muir-trail-hiker/id654614050?mt=8

            Guthooks: JMT guide for Android (use link or google it)

            https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.highsierraattitude.jmtguide&hl=en