Fwd: [John Muir Trail] Re: Fences on Trail?

  • jyeider
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013
      These kind of topics come up from time to time. The wilderness belongs to all that use it. Just because we love to backpack shouldn't suggest that we should be privileged.
      The packers provide the means for trail maintenance, resupply for us, accessibility for the disabled, search and rescue, and recreation.
      Pack animals are valuable, and take years to train. Our gear investment doesn't come close to a pack animals value.
      IMO the few gates we pass are no big deal.
      Jeffery