Re: Highway 120 into Yosemite Valley temporarily closed due to wildf

  • Henry Egghart
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2013
      Anyone have updates on smoke on the trial from Reds Meadow South?

      Henry
    • Jean Dickinson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2013
        I came out at Agnew Meadow trailhead on Sunday and drove back to the Bay Area over Hwy 108, Sonora Pass, yesterday. No smoke at all until I began to see bank of it after leaving Bridgeport. By the time I got to the turn-off to Sonora Pass from 395, it was like fog, ground level, until well beyond Strawberry, etc. Was surprised a little later to hear a Mother Lode radio station announce a voluntary evacuation for Pinecrest area. Heard at Ranger station in Mammoth there had been a fire in the White Mountains, which is what people may be seeing further south on JMT.

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: hegghart@...
        Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:04:52 -0700
        Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: Highway 120 into Yosemite Valley temporarily closed due to wildf